October 22, 2013

REVIEW: Mario Badescu Whitening Mask

This is definitely a product I've been loving lately so I really wanted to do a full review on it for you guys. I recently started buying a few Mario Badescu products because I had heard a lot of good things about them. After going through the endless amount of his products at Ulta, I decided to get this mask (and a few other products). It cost $24 for 2 oz but honestly, I've been using this stuff for a few months already and I've barely even made a dent. I can already tell this will last me a very long time. 

What it does
This mask is meant to "reduce hyperpigmentation," "soothe irritation and sensitivity" and "clean congested pores" (as per the Mario Badescu website). The main reason I bought this was to reduce the hyperpigmentation I have left behind on my face from past acne.

Application
Apply a thin layer of this mask 1-2 times per week and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off gently with warm water. 

My Review
I have literally been trying to get rid of my hyperpigmentation since high school (if you have hyperpigmentation/acne scars, you know how stubborn they can be). I have tried tons of different products-both high end and from the drugstore, and nothing has worked as well for me as this product. I use it 1-2 times a week and have only been doing so for about 2 months, and I can already see a big improvement in my skin. My hyperpigmentation has definitely faded and I feel like my whole complexion is evening out. I also love to use this mask when I have breakouts because it soothes my skin. It smells great too (almost like raspberries), which is always a plus! There's definitely nothing worse than a bad smelling mask that you have to suffer through for 10 minutes. The only thing I do not like about this product is that it is a bit difficult to wash off. It does take a few minutes to wash off using water. Even when I apply it with my fingers I have to immediately wash it off my hands with warm water, and even that is kind of a struggle after only being on my fingers for a few seconds.

Pros 
-Reduces hyperpigmentation
-Soothes skin
-Smells good
-Do not need to use a lot of product
-Will last you a long time

Cons
-Difficult to wash off face/hands
-Pricier than most drugstore products

I hope you found this review helpful! Let me know if you enjoy product reviews and I will definitely start doing more!


No comments:

Post a Comment