May 10, 2013

Nail Pictorial

Whenever I do my nails at home, I always like to do something a little different. I know my nails will never look as good when I do them myself at home as they do when I get them done at the salon, so to compensate, I try to spice them up in any way that I can. What better way to get creative than with your nails; they're not very noticeable, easy to fix if you make a mistake, and if you get bored with your mani, it only lasts a week! Last week I did my nails and lots of people were asking me how I did them, so I decided to do a "pictorial." It's ridiculously easy and there are so many possibilities for this manicure.

What you'll need:

-Nail strips (I'm using the Essie Sleek Sticks in "Steel the Show")
-Nail polish (I'm using Sally Hansen in "Lacey Lilac")

Step 1:
Choose the appropriate size strip for your ring finger and stick it onto your nail. (The reason mine is so short here is because I used the other half for my other nail. If you have short nails like me, you will find that when you file off the remaining strip [when using a full one], you'll have a lot left-it's a good idea to save the remaining strip..no sense throwing it out!)

 Step 2:
File the strip down to fit your nail.

Step 3:
Polish the rest of your nails normally, and repeat on your other hand of course. 
That's it! I wasn't kidding when I said this was ridiculously easy! You can do this at home in 3 easy steps and it looks so awesome. I hope this pictorial was helpful to anyone wanting to get creative with their DIY mani :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment