October 6, 2013

September Favorites

I've always enjoyed reading other people's monthly favorites so I decided that I would share mine with you all. Here are my favorite products for the month of September:



I recently started using this powder to set my concealer under my eyes. It is made specifically for this area so that your concealer does not crease and it is also meant for highlighting. I am so in love with the way this powder works! Not only does it prevent my concealer from creasing, it gives such a perfect highlight effect to my face and really just brightens up the area under my eyes. I don't want to say that there is sparkle in this powder but it is definitely not completely matte and does have a little shimmer to it to really reflect the light. I use the shade "emphasize" (I'm a MAC NC15 concealer) which is the lightest shade.  If you are very pale like me, I would say definitely go for this shade..Don't be afraid if you get it and it looks stark white before you apply it-I promise it looks beautiful on! FYI- This is a MAC Pro product so it is not sold at the MAC counter, only online and at MAC Pro stores!

I got this lotion for free with my Ulta rewards points. I forget which points bracket it is part of..I'm pretty sure it is the second to last bracket. If you are a member of the Ulta rewards program, you probably know  that there isn't much of a selection when it comes time to get your reward, so when I went to pick mine out, I wasn't really sure what to get. This lotion seemed like it was the product that I would get the most use out of so I decided to get it. I had to choose between the vanilla plum scent or pomegranate, and at first I thought that vanilla and plum was kind of a weird combination, but it turned out that I really love the way this smells and I can't get enough! My skin isn't really very dry (at least for now-winter may be a different story!) so I can't really speak to how well it moisturizes dry skin, but I definitely love the way this feels on my skin and how it smells!
I've always loved using dry shampoos to extend the life of my styled hair. I can get really lazy with my hair and it's a pain to blow dry and straighten it so I try to milk it for all that it's worth once I do it. I recently got a keratin treatment in my hair, so that means I can't use the products that I once normally used. Also, the more you wash your hair, the shorter the lifespan of the treatment is. Considering this, I decided to get the dry shampoo made specifically for the keratin treatment that I have. I have definitely used some great dry shampoos before, but I really think that this one is a top contender. When I spray this in the roots of my hair and brush it out, it literally looks like I just washed and blew dried my hair! It looks so refreshed and I am absolutely in love with this stuff, and so happy that I bought it. 

If you know me, you know that I'm a germaphobe and always carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere I go! I get this lovely trait from my mom, so when she gave me some of this to use, it smelt amazing and I had to get my own (she bought it for me-thanks mom!) If you haven't smelt this one yet, go to B&BW right now and just smell it. You'll literally want to eat it.

I have a recent obsession with B&BW candles so when the new ones come out for each season I get so excited. They always have sales (literally ALWAYS) so I try to get the candles when they are 2 for $22. I've been burning this one all through September and it smells like spices and apples and just pure fall. 

I added the Clarisonic Mia 2 to my skincare routine back in June, but I didn't use it much over the summer because since it is an exfoliator, I didn't want to exfoliate my face too often and lose my summer tan. When I started using it again this month, I remember why I loved it so much in the first place. It leaves my skin so incredibly smooth and gives me a nice, radiant glow that I've never had before. I do have to admit that whenever I start using it, I break out for about a week but apparently that is normal for Clarisonic users and it's worth the week of breakouts to get through to amazing skin. Even when I don't use this for one night, my skin just does not look as good the next day. I don't think I will ever stop using this thing to clean my face. 

I've been doing my own nails a lot recently because I just haven't had the time to go get them done. Obviously doing your own nails can never compare to getting them done at the salon, mainly because they don't look as good, but also because whenever I do my own nails they always seem to chip right away. I have a few of these Sally Hansen nail polishes, and they are the only nail polishes that I own that don't chip in a day like my others. This one is my favorite color that I own! 

I don't wear lipstick too often, but I do love a bold lip every now and then. I think this is such a great color for fall, and right on trend with the dark, burgundy/cranberry lip colors that are so in right now. And, it's a drugstore product so it's very affordable which is definitely a plus!

This month I ordered a bunch of Sigma brushes and I love them all! This one I have been using to really sculpt out my contour with my bronzer. When I first saw it, I wasn't sure how well it would work for contouring because of how sharp and flat it is, but it works amazingly well and puts on just the right amount of bronzer for a natural look.

No comments:

Post a Comment