February 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday

Hi guys! Today's post was inspired by a lot of nostalgia, so I thought it'd be perfect for "throwback thursday!" The other day I was looking at one of my old scrapbooks that I have and I found an Ulta receipt that I saved from March 8, 2003! I remember this exact trip to Ulta. I was 13 years old and my friend and I began to really get into makeup. We would always go on shopping sprees to Ulta. I know I saved this receipt because I ended up spending $40 on makeup, and I thought that was like, the craziest thing ever lol. You're probably wondering where I got $40 at 13 years old to spend on makeup...but the date on the receipt tells me it was probably my birthday money since that is only like a week after my birthday. Looking at the actual items on the receipt made me start to think back to wearing makeup in middle school and all of the products that I used to use..most aren't even around anymore. I remember I would always match my eyeshadow to my outfit..The colors I wore to school the most were blue, and my cheerleading uniform which was black and gold. I specifically remember having a blue and a gold glitter liquid eyeliner that I wore all of the time (I'm sure that blue eyeliner looked fantastic on me..lol) And I always remember lighting my gold pencil eyeliner with a lighter to make it melt and go on smoother and have more pigment! Lol..My makeup habits have definitely changed now, as have soo many of the products on the market..but one thing that definitely has not changed is my love for makeup :)

Here's a picture of the Ulta receipt:


Here are some of the products that I remember using often in middle school! They bring back such memories for me, and maybe for you too.






Caboodles Lip Shimmer
I sooo vividly remember these Caboodles lipglosses! I know for a fact I had it in clear with sparkles. I don't think this brand even exists for makeup anymore, I think they only make makeup cases now!

Caboodles Lip Gloss
More Caboodles of course...I was obviously very into this brand for some reason lol. But I definitely remember having this lipgloss with the little balls inside.
Caboodles Eyegloss
 I don't know why I was so into glitter during middle school. I guess I didn't really have a makeup sense yet and was just attracted to anything showy or conventionally "pretty." I had this in silver glitter and i remember it being like a balm that you apply with your finger..I think this is actually one of the items from the Ulta receipt above.

Caboodles Loose Glitter
Moreeee Caboodles and more glitter... I definitely had this in pink and white! I used to apply it to my eyelids...it probably looked like a mess lol!
Clinique Eyeshadows
I always remember these little green cases floating around in my vanity drawer. I probably got them from my mom whenever she got them as free samples, because I know I was not buying Clinique makeup in middle school lol. I specifically remember having this eyeshadow in blue and taupe.

CoverGirl Eyeshadow-  Ice Princess
I'm pretty sure CoverGirl still to this day makes this eyeshadow set. But I know I had it and I can even remember in my head seeing it in my vanity all of the time!
CoverGirl Outlast Lip Shine
CoverGirl definitely still makes this too, but in a different packaging. This is a picture of the old school one that I definitely had in a more red shade. I remember I didn't like the way the color looked on me so I used to just use the clear stick (the part that is supposed to make the product last for a long time) on its own as like a clear lip gloss. Clearly, I was a bit rebellious with the makeup rules.

Jane Megabites Glossy Gloss
I don't think this brand exists anymore! But from what I recall it was pretty popular back then, at least where I lived. I can still remember seeing the walls at the stores with all of these "Jane" products. There were so many and so many girls had them! 

Jane Eye Zing
If you look at the Ulta receipt you can see I bought these on my shopping spree.. I must have had these $3.99 eyeshadows in every color. I can remember having this lilac color, white, blue, and a metallic turquoise color (oh boy). And I used to wet them before putting them on to get them to look more pigmented. I wonder where I learned all of these tricks? 
Naturalistics Glitter Stix
I know I had these in white and blue. They were basically a stick of glitter that you twist up and apply to your eye lids..or at least that was where I applied them to (not surprising).

Smackers Lip Sparkler
I can almost smell the way this lip gloss smelled just by looking at it and thinking back to it. It was amazing and smelt just like a frosting! The one I had, that is pictured here, was called "Vanilla Frosting." It was like a white-silver sheer color with a hint of sparkle. I'm not sure if they still make it.

Wet N Wild Loose Glitter
I had this silver glitter and used to apply it alll over my eyelids. I don't even want to know what that must have looked like. Hopefully all of this glitter was in style back then, otherwise I really don't know what I was thinking! I guess at that age it's okay to play around with makeup and have fun with it while you are discovering who you are, what you like, and what you want to look like :)

Glow by J. Lo
This obviously isn't a makeup product but it still reminds me of middle school..I always wore this scent and it really reminds me of 7th-8th grade whenever I smell it! It was almost like a musky smell..I don't think the smell was really suited for a 13 year old  but I guess I just liked it. I'm sure it's still around. I also had J.Lo's other fragrance, Love at first Glow, which was amazing. 

Hope you enjoyed this throwback!


No comments:

Post a Comment