January 16, 2013

Mini haul

Recently,  I've been obsessed with buying makeup and beauty products. Over the past week, I picked up a few things from a bunch of different stores (MAC, Harmon and Target), and these were the items I ended up buying. It's not much; I was trying to practice some self-control and only buy the things I was actually looking for!
 
These have always been my favorite face wipes. They get all of your makeup off easily and they have a really nice lather- which I find is usually the downfall of many other brands' face wipes. I stopped buying this brand for a while and tried out some other brands, but I wasn't happy with any of the others. I found that they were not as wet and it was difficult to wipe off makeup without rubbing really hard-especially wiping off foundation. Although these are a bit more expensive than some others, I think they are worth it. I got these at Harmon Discount, but they sell them at basically every drug store.

Everyone who knows me knows that my signature look is winged black eyeliner on my top lid. I have not strayed from my CoverGirl pencil eyeliner since probably middle school, when I was first introduced to eyeliner by my mom. But, for some reason, I really want to try using liquid liner. For years now, I've been trying- I really have..but have not been successful. I feel like I've tried them all- the tapered brush, the eyeliner pen, the felt tips, but I can never achieve the look that is so easily achieved with a freshly sharpened pencil. And then finally...I found this. It's a liquid eyeliner that seems to have the combined benefits that you would assume to get from the flexibility of a tapered brush, and an effortless straight line from a  felt tip. This liner glides on easily while still giving you some control, and doesn't dry shiny-which was something I absolutely HATED whenever I tried using liquid liners! After all these years of paying about $6 for eyeliner, it was hard to hand over twenty bucks for this, but it was a fun,risky, and hopefully worthy investment for me.



I've been really into my concealer lately (for dark under-eye circles and I've also been playing around with highlighting), so I really wanted to get one of these blending sponges. I like it a lot better than using a brush, which can be streaky, and definitely better than using my finger, which can be messy. This just helps blend the concealer so that it's more natural looking. As you can see, it's a little dirty already from using it this morning for the first time! The sponge isn't supposed to absorb the product, it's just supposed to blend it on your face, which is why it is important to wet the sponge before using it. I clearly did not wet it enough since there is product on the sponge, as you can see..A mistake I will try not to make next time!
One of my favorite bloggers, Dulce Candy, recommended this bronzer as a dupe to a Bobbi Brown bronzer. My go-to bronzer is by MAC and I'm generally happy with it, so I never really thought about buying another. However, this bronzer was so inexpensive that in the midst of my recent beauty craze, I decided to give it a try. I wouldn't consider myself a "makeup snob," meaning I don't buy exclusively higher-end brands and still do buy some drug store brands, however, I did feel that NYC was on a lower level than most of the other drugstore brands, so I was a bit skeptical about this product. It turns out that I actually really like it and can't think of anything wrong with this product as of now! I got this at Target but I'm also pretty sure it's sold at any drugstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment