January 21, 2013

Curvy Girls

Hi everyone. I wanted to share with you all an amazing support group that I recently came across. When I was in fourth grade, I was diagnosed with scoliosis, which is a condition in which your spine curves. I had surgery at age 14. It was a rough period in my life and I didn't know anybody else going through the same thing, although there are so many girls out there with scoliosis. If you, or anyone you know, has scoliosis, then check out this scoliosis support group: Curvy Girls. I know this group would have really helped me had I discovered it earlier, and I want to spread the word to hopefully reach other girls who need the support! Sharing your story with others can be so empowering in a time that you feel out of control. These girls are doing amazing things, from providing support, to fundraising, to research, and they definitely deserve the acknowledgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment